let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
Welcome to Brookdale Estate Park. 2 bedroom double wide in a very private location to the park. Huge yard with storage shed and garden area.
This is a Great family home in a great central location close to all levels of schooling & university & is a 4 minute walk to a nature park & recreation centre. This wonderful family home has been lovingly cared for almost 30 years - a family who raised a family here and everything! Now it is time to move on and let someone else enjoy this 4 bedrm, 2 bath home. Two generous bedrooms are on the main level and...
This fully serviced lot in Long Lake Heights includes plans, permits, Geo-tech and the lot has been cleared to accommodate the building of a 3 level 4 bedrm 3 bathroom open plan home in fact the Owner will build this house for you!! Or they will build to suit whatever you can imagine. Act now and have your new home in desirable central Nanaimo walking distance to shopping and beautiful Long lake.
Welcome to 5852 Tweedsmuir Unbeatable location! Do not miss out on this opportunity to own a home in one of the most desirable neighbourhoods in North Nanaimo. Conveniently located within walking distance of Randerson Ridge Elementary, Dover Bay High, Regional Library, Oliver Woods Recreation Centre, and great shopping malls (Longwood, Woodgrove, Northridge, and North Town Centre). Short walk to bus stop...
Welcome to this lovely two bedroom two bathroom sunny south facing garden suite. Clean and tidy with some upgrades, this comes with one parking space and additional storage area. Secure entry steps from parking accessible for all. This spacious suite offers an excellent location close to the seawall downtown Bowen Park and all amenities no age restriction, however no pets. Call or touch base Geoff to view l...
Redevelopment Potential. Great location, near the Harbourfront walkway, to build your dream home or potentially strip the home back to the studs and renovate. This is an estate sale being sold AS IS WHERE IS. Offers will be reviewed on Wednesday March 23rd. Please ask your Realtor regarding the purchasing restrictions.Listed by ROYAL LEPAGE NANAIMO REALTY (NANISHWYN)
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
If you are looking to buy or sell a home, the combination of innovative marketing strategies and the internet can ensure a swift process. My knowledge of the local market is unparalleled.
No matter what your goals, have the knowledge, experience and energetic approach to make your move a success.