let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
Don’t miss this chance to own a charming rancher in north Nanaimo. Location is ideal! Only a 3 minute walk to Uplands Elementary School, walking distance to amenities including Nanaimo North Town Centre, Oliver Woods Community Centre and on a bus route. Very quiet neighborhood centered around a community playground. Living room has south facing windows offering ample sunlight and heat. Three large bedrooms, m...
Rarely will you find a home like this. Have a look at this spacious condominium home that's out of the ordinary in every way with tasteful upgrades throughout. Here's a gorgeous 1330 square foot, 2 bedroom + den, 2 bath home south facing Bowen Park and the Millstone River. Large and spacious rooms on both levels. Bright and sunny outlook, central and quiet area. Small price, huge space. A beautiful space to l...
Spectacular Views from this beautiful 1500 sq ft plus 2 bedroom and den condo. Gracious living in a lovley corner suite with views from Mt Benson to the inner harbour and North shore mountains! New updated carpets ready for you to move right. Full suite of appliances in the the spacious corner kitchen. Massive living/dining room with gas fireplace. Large roomy balcony, with outstanding sea, park, and city vie...
This beautiful spacious 2 bedroom @ bathrm and den home is ready for you to move, with outstanding location over looking the Millstone river on the edge of Bowen Park, this home is convenient to all amenities and yet it seems so removed from the city. Two huge balconies one on each level offer amazing views of the Park. This home has a completely renovated, 2year old kitchen with amazing tile work, and 5 appl...
BRAND NEW approx. 1429 sqft. 3 Bdrm/ 2 Ba rancher under construction nestled in a quiet Cul-de-sac. Main floor layout offers an open-concept kitchen & great room w tray ceilings & direct access to the patio/back yard. Great room is warmed by a natural gas f/p & the kitchen has gorgeous details w/quartz countertops & generous island/eating bar which accommodates seating for 4. Bathrooms boast quartz countertop...Listed by Century 21 Harbour Realty Ltd.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
If you are looking to buy or sell a home, the combination of innovative marketing strategies and the internet can ensure a swift process. My knowledge of the local market is unparalleled.
No matter what your goals, have the knowledge, experience and energetic approach to make your move a success.