let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
Coniston at Longwood! Nanaimo's premier condominium community. This immaculate 2nd floor unit features a deck with southern exposure and fabulous garden views.2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms. Vacant and ready to go. Call to view today.
Lovely south facing waterfront on incredibly calm bay, where you can anchor your boat all year long. .41 of an Acre, gently sloping selectively cleared, fully service, with water and sewer ready for your dream home.
Here is your chance to own a beautiful main level entry, 3 bedroom 2 bath unit is this Great West Coast designed complex on the river front over looking beautiful Bowen Park! Walk in from ground level to the open plan living/dining room and galley kitchen with huge south facing deck over looking the river and park, while upstairs there are 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms, the primary bedroom has walk in closet a...
Classic post-war 2 bedroom home in the Newcastle corridor of Nanaimo. Many original features: in-laid wood floors, cove ceilings, wood trim and interior leaded glass doors. The spacious living room includes an Art Deco gas fireplace accented by two vintage wall sconces. The pristine cove ceilings flow through the 21'x14' room. Double French doors to the dining room with hardwood under the carpets. The kitchen...Listed by RE/MAX OF NANAIMO
Condo for sale
This modern, renovated condo is perfect for investors, students and first time home buyers. Located in one of the best shopping areas of Nanaimo and close to schools, university and the hospital, this well run complex has tons of space and parking. This bright and sunny top floor end unit has a separate entrance, covered parking and overlooks the park area and swimming pool. Recent updates include new roof...Listed by 460 REALTY INC. (LD)
Easy Access to Nanaimo Parkway and Northfield Road,. House in good rental condition, with current rental agreement in place.
Easy Access to Nanaimo Parkway and Northfield Road, House in good rental condition, with current rental agreements in place.
Back lane access, easy access to Nanaimo Parkway and Northfield Road. House in good rental condition with current rental agreement in place.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
If you are looking to buy or sell a home, the combination of innovative marketing strategies and the internet can ensure a swift process. My knowledge of the local market is unparalleled.
No matter what your goals, have the knowledge, experience and energetic approach to make your move a success.